Thursday, April 21, 2011

Greeting Cards Galore

In addition to switching to a Silhouette cutting machine (as I mentioned in my last post), I'm also focusing more on the ins and outs of making greeting cards.  And even more to the point, I'll be focusing less on die-cutting techniques/tips and more on finding tutorials that help with creating artwork in Inkscape (an excellent free, open source art program).  I use Inkscape for the designs in many of my greeting cards.  And a couple of weeks ago I discovered Greeting Card Universe (GCU)--a wonderful avenue for artists of all ranges of talents to build their own online greeting card stores.  For example, here's mine: ilovecuttables greeting cards.  I only have a few cards (as of today) that have made it through the approval process (a "thinking of you" card, a "Mother's Day" card, a "thank you" card and a "Get Well" (from all of us) card).  It takes time, but more are on the way.  :)

In the meantime, check 'em out.  The cards are printed on high quality cardstock in matte or glossy finish and they are out of this world (but still within the Greeting Card Universe - lol!)!


No comments:

Post a Comment