Sunday, May 29, 2011

Monkey Fun!

There's a lightning round contest at GCUCommunity.com, and the topic is Monkeys! The top banana over there, Corrie Kuipers, shared a card which she created (left) that totally reminded me of a two-page scrapbook layout that I made (years ago) for my son, who was certainly a little monkey when he was young (he's an adult now, but still likes to monkey around a lot).

Here's my layout spread entitled, "Mommy's Little Monkey" - and the second page is the one where I shared pictures of him playing his own little game of monkey-see-monkey-do (click the pic for larger view of the scrapbook layaout):

Yes, monkeys really are cute critters... making them quite popular as subjects for greeting cards (especially in the "thinking of you" category - heh heh). Here are a few adorable cards that I found at greetingcarduniverse.com (and there are plenty more where these came from):



Below are all the participants in the lighting round:

Sun at Night Studios, Sun at Night:
Collecting Monkey Art: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil
One of the most popular primate art is the collection of the three wise monkeys otherwise known as: See no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil...

Brenda Thour's Card Shop, Brenda Thour:
Time For Some Monkey Business
I have been looking at the Greeting Card Universe site and came across these cool monkey themed greeting cards and would like to share them with you...

Naquiaya’s Cards, Naquaiya:
Monkey Business
Why are we in love with monkeys? How much are we really like them?

SmudgeArt, Madeline Allen:
Monkeys in the Garden
I hit the pillow and before I could count to ten,
There were monkeys in my beautiful garden….


Janet Lee Designs, Janet Palaggi:
Monkeying Around With Monkeys
I love monkeys, I don't know anyone who doesn't love monkeys...

Salon of Art, Doreen Erhardt:
The Chimps of Fauna Sanctuary
This past month, I’ve had the privilege of reading an Advanced Copy for the purpose of writing a book review of “The Chimps of Fauna Sanctuary…A True Store of Resilience and Recovery”...

I Love Cuttables, Cindy Johns:
Monkey Fun
Here's my layout spread entitled, "Mommy's Little Monkey" - and the second page is the one where I shared pictures of him playing his own little game of monkey-see-monkey-do...

Sheryl Kasper Card Store, Sheryl Kasper:
No Monkeying Around
Did you know that Monkeys are not only cute and adorable, but they can also be a service animal too?

Dragonfire Graphics, Betsy Bush:
Monkeys are Everywhere
Monkey themed greeting cards...

Cards from the heART, Lisa Charlton:
Chimpanzee
Chimps are Primates but they are not Monkeys. If you want to know if a Primate is a Monkey, look at their bums… only monkeys have tails.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think the page you made is adorable!

    Corrie
    http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/corrieweb

    ReplyDelete